Objectives of the Scheme
AICTE in order to ensure the development of technical education in India awards Post Graduate Scholarship of Rs. 12,400/- per month to full-time GATE/GPAT qualified students admitted to AICTE approved postgraduate programs in AICTE approved Institutions/ University Departments.
Eligibility for Scholarship
Post Graduate Scholarship is entitled only to those students
- Having a valid GATE/ GPAT score at the time of admission.
- Must be admitted as a full-time scholar.
- Admitted in AICTE approved Institutions / University Departments.
- Admitted in AICTE approved programs viz. Master of Engineering, Master of Technology, Master of Architecture and Master of Pharmacy programs.
Students are eligible for the following leaves:
- Casual leave: 15 days in an academic year
- Medical leave: Maximum of one month (30 days) in an academic year
- Maternity leave: Candidates are eligible for maternity/ Paternity leave as per Govt. of India norms issued from time to time at full rates of fellowship etc. once during the tenure of their award. However maximum duration of fellowship will not be extended in any circumstances.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online via this page.
Amount of Scholarship
The Scholarship under the scheme is Rs. 12,400/- per month per student.
The Scholarship is tenable for 24 months or for the duration of the course i.e. from the date of commencement of classes till the date of completion of the classes whichever is lower and is not extendable under any circumstances.
Terms & Condition
- The grant of Post Graduate Scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend etc. from any other source during his/her course of study in the Institute. In case of receipt of any financial assistance from any other sources, the scholarship shall be discontinued and the entire amount of scholarship will have to be refunded to AICTE by D/Draft drawn in favour of “Member Secretary, AICTE” payable at New Delhi.
- Foreign students, sponsored candidates and candidates admitted in PG programs through management quota are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- It will be obligatory for every post-graduate student to undertake 8 to 10 hours (per week) of work related to teaching and research activities as assigned to him /her by the Institute. This could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other central facilities, assistance in library, etc.
- The Scholarship may be discontinued at any time for any kind of misconduct by the student, like involving in the act of ragging, misbehavior etc. on the recommendations of the Head of Institution (HOI).
- Salary grant or any other grant e.g. Contingencies, Library, Books etc, will not be admissible to the Institute/College/ University implementing this scheme in compliance with the instructions of Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Deptt. of Higher Education, Technical Section – I conveyed vide letter No. F. No. 9-2/2007-TS.I dated 22nd July, 2008.
- The mode and procedure of payment of Scholarship to the students shall be governed by the policy decision of the AICTE as may be notified from time to time on its web-portal or through advertisement in leading English/ Hindi newspapers.
Call: 011-29581333, 29581338, 29581119