Intellectual Property and Technology Laws Society (IPTLS) of NUJS, is hosting the renowned lawyer and copyright scholar, Prof. David Nimmer for an online lecture on the Google v Oracle Case.
About the Lecture
The lecture will be dedicated to the memory of Late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer. The event is on 23 December at 10:30 AM IST.
About Professor David Nimmer
Professor Nimmer is a distinguished scholar, widely recognized as a foremost expert in copyright law. He has authored and updated Nimmer on Copyright, the standard reference treatise in the field, first published in 1963 by his late father, Professor Melville B. Nimmer.
The treatise is known to everyone associated with intellectual property laws, and has been cited at various levels of courts in the US and across the globe. Currently, he serves as a Professor from Practice at UCLA School of Law and is of counsel to Irell & Manella LLP in Los Angeles, California.
He would be speaking on the ongoing US case of Google v Oracle which deals with the copyrightability of Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), and the standard of fair use.
Limited seats available. Please register here.
Meeting link to be sent through email.
For any queries, please contact us at iptls[at]nujs.edu.
You might be interested in the following:
- Law Joint’s Lecture Series on Criminal Trial with and Insight of Indian Evidence Act, 1872 [Dec 22-27, 4-6 PM]
- IFPD and Her-World’s Webinar on Women in Diplomacy [Dec 27, 5 PM]
- Lex Macula’s Webinar on Significance of Constitutional Values in the 21st Century [Dec 27, 5-6:30 PM]
- GNLU’s Lecture on Utility & Limits of Legal History & Constitutional Adjudication [Dec 23, 12 PM]
- SASFL’s Samvad on Education Technology [December 27, 4 PM]
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.