About the Organization
The Indian Review of Advanced Legal Research (IRALR) is aimed to act as a platform for promoting high-quality legal research and writing on a variety of legal issues among the budding legal minds of India.
Their primary objective is to develop a sense of enthusiasm towards legal research among young law students and provide them with a platform to exhibit their skills in a way that is helpful to the legal fraternity across India.
About the Competition
The Indian Review of Advanced Legal Research (IRALR) in its endeavour to promote legal writing among law students is hosting the 1st IRALR Article Writing Competition. They hereby highly encourage law students to take part in this competition and get an opportunity for testing their legal writing skills.
The students by participating in this competition will get a chance to deliberate and elucidate on various contemporary legal issues along with an opportunity to get cash prizes and other interesting opportunities for internship and publication. This competition will act as an opportunity platform for all those young and ambitious law students who. aspire to sharpen their legal research and writing skills.
The following categories of persons can participate in the competition:
- Any student of a 3-year law programme.
- Any student of a 5-year integrated law degree programme.
- Any student pursuing C.A./C.S. (any level).
- Any law student studying in a post-graduate law degree programme (L.L.M.).
- Law professionals
Any legal issue having contemporary relevance.
- Winner: Rs. 1500/-
- First Runner-up: Rs. 1000/-
- Second Runner-up: Rs. 500/-
- Top 15 entries will be given a Certificate of Merit.
- Top 15 entries will be published on The IRALR Blog.
- The authors of selected entries depending upon the quality of writing may be offered an internship at IRALR at the discretion of the Editorial Board
- All the participants would be given a certificate of participation.
- The range should be around 1500-4000 words. (exclusive of the footnotes and abstract).
- The author may or may not include an abstract in the article.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of three authors is permitted.
- The authors are expected to footnote their sources using any uniform citation method.
- The authors are expected to ensure that the text of the submission is in Times New Roman and the size of font is 12 with line spacing of 1.5. For the footnotes, present in the submission, the same shall be in Times New Roman,
font size 10 and line spacing of 1.0.
- The submission must be made in a word file only (.doc or .docx format). The authors should not disclose their identity to ensure an anonymous review.
- The article should be the author’s original work and should not be published previously or not be in consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Single Author: Rs. 100/-
- Co-Authorship up to 2 authors: Rs. 150/-
- Co-Authorship up to 3 authors: Rs. 175/-
Registration, Payment and Final Submission Procedure
Interested students can register themselves and make their submission by following the procedure explained below:
- Click on the “Register Now” button based on the number of authors (Single Author/Co-authorship up to 2 authors/Co-authorship up to 3 authors).
- The payment gateway will open where you are required to fill in the specified details and make the payment of the amount as per the number of authors. A receipt of payment will be generated after successful completion of payment.
- After making the payment, download the receipt of payment or take a screenshot of the same and send it on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving the payment receipt, we will send you the link to the submission portal through the mail.
- Fill in all the details in the submission portal and upload your manuscript on the same in .doc/.docx format only.
- Last Date of Registration: 4th October 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 4th October 2020
- Tentative date of declaration of result: 1st November 2020
For any query e-mail at email@example.com only, do not e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for the purpose of queries, the same shall go unanswered.