About the Course
The societal importance of tourism has grown significantly in recent decades. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, tourism represents over 9% of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and accounts for nearly 8% of global employment.
But tourism is more than just a powerful economic force. It is also closely linked to major global changes in culture, politics, technology and the environment. It affects the quality of life and well-being of individuals and regions and plays an important role in community, regional and urban development. Bringing sustainable tourism into practice benefits the whole community.
Join this program and learn about the developments in tourism and the interrelationships between tourism, the economy, society and the environment. You will learn about the different types of sustainable tourism practices, like ecotourism.
What you will learn?
- Recognize and co-create future narratives that are useful for writing business cases and/or project proposals in your professional context.
- Understand tourism as a social and environmental complex phenomenon.
- Gain an overview of global tourism development.
- Learn about the latest tourism developments across the world.
- Become part of ongoing dialogues on developments for the future of tourism.
- Sustainable Tourism: Society & Environmental Aspects
- Sustainable Tourism: Rethinking the Future
₹13,389 For the full program experience
To enroll in this course, click the link below.