About the Organizers
Savitri Phule Ambedkar Caravan (SPAC) is a student collective at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore. SPAC functions as a student-led youth group that caters to Dalit and Bahujan Rights on and off-campus. Over the course of past few years, SPAC has conducted multiple seminars, workshops, talks and movie screenings in order to facilitate discourse among the students, activists, academics, and professionals about prevalent Dalit/Bahujan issues.
About the Competition
In pursuance of our goal to facilitate discourse about caste issues, SPAC in collaboration with Civis.vote is inviting students to take part in an Inter-College Article Writing Competition on the subject of‘Caste: A never-ending Pandemic’.
The competition is being organized for all students pursuing their undergraduate or postgraduate degree from any college. Students belonging to Dalit/Bahujan communities are encouraged to participate.
The theme for the competition is ‘Caste: A never-ending Pandemic’
Sub-themes are as follows:
- Caste beyond Hinduism
- Intersection of Caste, Art and Media
- Impact of BLM movement in India’s casteist society.
- Sanskritization: a true escape from casteism?
- Coronavirus and exposed social inequality
- Sexuality and Caste
- Caste as a Global Problem
- NEP (National Education Policy) and Caste-insensitivity
- NLAT (National Law Aptitude Test) and Social Inequalities
- The submission can be made only in English.
- Only one article per author shall be submitted. Multiple or incomplete or plagiarized submissions shall be summarily rejected.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Registration/Participation Fee is: Rs.150 per participant.
- The word count should range from 1200 to 1500. (excluding footnotes/citations)
- The author(s) should adhere to the following format:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12 pt.
- line spacing: 1.5
- citation: any uniform style of citation
- All submissions should be made in a word document to email@example.com. Participants are also required to address the mail subject as ‘Submission: Title of the article’. For example, ‘Submission: Casteism in Academic Institutions’.
- The author(s) are requested to mention a short bio within the body of the email.
- The author(s) should not mention their institutional affiliation/name in the document itself.
- Participants are required to pay the registration fee through Google-Pay on +917484847292.
- Participants are also required to attach the screenshot of the payment receipt in the email with their final submission.
The Top Three Entries will get:
- Certificates of Accomplishment
- Cash Prize of Rs. 1500/- each
- Online Fellowship/Internship Opportunity with Civis.vote for a period of 3 months. The Fellowship/Internship can also be extended on the basis of work done by the participants.
- The deadline for submitting the article is 11:59 PM on 8th October 2020.
- Results will be declared by the end of October 2020.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants can also mail Anmol Ratan (Convenor, SPAC) at email@example.com Yashaswi Kadbe (Joint Convenor, SPAC) at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarification/queries.