The Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education in China to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to enroll outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Shaanxi Normal University is one of the universities receiving international students under this program.
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 years or doctoral students for no more than 4 years. The Chinese Government Scholarship students who require one-year Chinese training should be aware that it is required to pass HSK or pass the designated Chinese examination organized by Shaanxi Normal University after one-year Chinese training.
- Masters (2 or 3 years)
- Ph.D. (3 or 4 years)
This is a full scholarship which covers
- Registration fee waiver
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Stipend：Master RMB 3000yuan per month; Ph.D. RMB 3500yuan per month
- Medical insurance：Designated Insurance Company shall undertake the following insurance liabilities during the period of insurance, Death insurance, accidental disability insurance, Medical Insurance for Accidental Injury, Outpatient and Emergency Medical Insurance, Hospitalization and Medical Insurance.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- Master’s degree applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral degree applicants must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China when applying for this scholarship.
- Chinese-taught Programs:
Humanities: Applicants should have passed HSK4 when apply. Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving the HSK5 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK5 certificate don’t need one-year Chinese training.);
Science and Arts(Music, Fine Art,etc.): Once enrolled, one-year Chinese training is required. After achieving the HSK4 certificate, applicants can study in their major. (Applicants who already have HSK4 certificate don’t need one-year Chinese training.);
2. English-taught Programs:
Except for native English speakers, all other applicants are required to provide a valid English level certificate (IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 60, or another corresponding level of English proficiency certificate) . Students are required to pass HSK3 when they graduate from SNNU.
How to Apply?
- To apply online, click here.
- Candidates are required to print a hard copy of the application form and send it via post to P.O. Box 2, International Students Office (ISO), Shaanxi Normal University, No. 199, South Chang’an Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, China.
- The last date to apply is March 30, 2020.
Phone Number: +86-(0)29-85303761
Email ID: email@example.com