About the Institute
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad (SLS-H), cocooned in the upcoming educational zone with state-of-the-art infrastructure, is a vibrant law institute established in 2014, inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism, and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
About the Competition
The Literary and Debate Society of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad is organizing its First edition of ‘Power to the People’, an Oxford Union Format Debate which is an online debate competition with a twist. The main objective of the event is to provide a platform for students to voice their opinions on topics of importance and to maintain an active debating culture at the present time.
- Students duly enrolled and pursuing any Undergraduate or Post-Graduate course from any university recognized by the UGC shall be eligible to participate for the debate.
- Format: Oxford Union Format (with a twist).
- The event requires participants to form a team of two and send written submissions on the topics given, out of which 8 teams will be selected for the preliminary rounds. The selected teams will be required to debate upon the motion in the Oxford Union format.
- To give effect to the prime objective behind ‘Power to the People’, the audience would vote for the speakers, like in an Oxford Union debate, which would determine the results of the competition.
- The Team Registration will be on a first come first serve basis with a cap of 32 teams.
- The Attendees will be selected based on their previous experiences and knowledge of adjudication. There will be a cap of 50 attendees.
- Teams and Attendees can register through the links before 5:00 PM, 5th July 2020
- Registration for the Debate will be deemed to be confirmed only on intimation to the selected Teams and Attendees.
The registration fee for the event is Rs. 200/- per team after the team qualifies to the Preliminary Round on the basis of their Written Submissions.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
- Winners: RS. 10,000 + Certificates of Achievement
- Runners-up: RS. 5,000 + Certificates of Achievement
- Other Participating Teams: Certificates of Participation
- Attendees: Certificate of Adjudication (will only be provided on successful participation in all the sessions)
- Registration Opens (teams and attendees): 28th June 2020
- Deadline for Written Submissions: 3rd July 2020 (5:00 PM)
- Declaration of Results (Selection of Teams) and Release of Final List of Attendees: 6th July 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Last Date to Pay Registration Fee: 8th July 2020 (11:59 PM)
- Prelims: Session I- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM; Session II- 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM: 10th July 2020
- Semi-Finals- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM; Finals- 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM: 11th July 2020
Email ID: palomita_sharma[at]slsh.edu.in
Mobile Number: +917680040944
Anirban Aly Mandal
Email ID: email@example.com
Mobile Number: +918424062289