About the University
Aligarh Muslim University is a central University in Aligarh, India, which was originally established by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan as the Mohammadan Anglo Oriental (MAO) College in 1877. The MAO College later became Aligarh Muslim University in 1920.
About the Faculty
The Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is one of the oldest Departments in India. The teaching of Law in AMU was introduced in 1883. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, the Founder was greatly impressed by the Programme of Legal Education in British Universities. So he was very keen to have legal education on that pattern in AMU also.
In 1960, the Department of Law came into being into a full-fledged Faculty. Credit goes to Late Prof. Hafizul Rehman (who was also the first Dean) to develop a modern curriculum and research programme. Infact he was the architect of the present Faculty of Law.
About the International Conference
The Law Society, Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh is going to organize an International Virtual Conference on the topic “International Health Laws During COVID -19: A Perspective”
Inauguration: Prof. Tariq Mansoor, Vice Chancellor, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
Chief Guest: Dr Julie Lord, Consultant Paediatrician, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, London, UK.
Keynote Speaker: Dr Aruj Qayum, Senior Consultant & Senior Lecturer, King’s College, London, UK.
Guest of Honour: Dr A. R. Moodambail, Senior Consultant, Doha, Qatar.
Conference Director: Prof. Shakeel Ahmed Samdani, Dean, Faculty of Law and President, Law Society, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
- Free Registration.
- E-certificates will be provided to every participant.
Time:- 02:00 pm (IST) | 09:30 am (GMT)
Meeting Link (Google Meet): meet.google.com/zvt-gtpw-pvg
We require your support in order to conveniently conduct this conference. For this, you are requested to:
- Please join the conference at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- Please keep your microphone muted during the conference.
- Look for the place where you will get the best Network/ Wi-Fi signal strength in your presence.
- Participants can text questions in the chat box and no one shall be allowed to ask questions to the Speakers during the ongoing session.
- Please attend the full session. Don’t leave the session in between.
- Please leave the meeting by yourselves immediately after the session is over and the speaker has left.
- For more details please visit https://www.amu.ac.in/newevent/event/9368.pdf