ABOUT DROIT PENALE GROUP
‘Droit Penale Group’ is an initiative taken in the legal field to provide the discussions on minute nuances involved in the intricacies of law in a simple and qualified manner. Droit Penale literally translates into ‘criminal law’ in French. However, our initiative is not only limited to criminal law but also on varieties of law. The Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal on Crime & Criminology was established in the year 2016, where in the year 2019 the Droit Penale: ILJCC was considered as the Group where we have started other ventures under the name of Droit Penale Group. The Droit Penale Group is established for the purpose of promoting and creating awareness interests in legal and allied fields by organizing trainings, workshops, seminars, debates and discussions; to publish books, journals, magazine, periodicals, and other publication in different languages. Not only this, but also the Droit Penale Group focuses to impart free educational and training to poor and needy students. The Group is actively involved in promotion of legal aid to poor and aggrieved class of society by regular organizing the free legal aid camps.
“Establishment of Droit Penale Group under the Aegis of Society”
The Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, has catered to the objectives of Droit Penale Group. The Droit Penale group has registered a society for the research in Criminology “Indian Legal Research Society on Criminology”, this society will look into the research and publication of research work under the banner of “Indian Legal Research Society on Criminology”. The organisation is signing MOUs with various Universities, Colleges and Organisation for the welfare and encouragement of young minds in the research and publication.
“Initiatives Taken by Droit Penale Group”
- Droit Peanle has established Law Journal focusing on Criminal Law
The DP Group has established Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal on Crime and Criminology with the aim of focusing on multiple aspects of criminal law altogether.
- Establishment of Droit Penale Newsletter
In March, 2020, Droit Penale Newsletter was founded to provide opinions of students, advocates, professors and various legal luminaries on the issues of legal importance by way of blogs.
- Developing Online Internship Program
In March, 2020 Droit Penale has associated with Mukherji Law Associates, Prayagraj for its First Online Internship Program.
- Developing Law Journal on the emerging subject of IPR
The new initiative of DP Group is establishment of the journal focusing on Intellectual Property Rights on the World Intellectual Property Day itself (26th April, 2020). The journal is known as Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal on IPR.
“Organised Various Discussions, Workshops, Conferences & Symposium”
The DP group has organized number of conferences, seminars and discussions to fulfil the objectives.
- 1stNational Symposium on Crime & Criminology organized on 17th September 2017.
- IECC 2017: Indian Essay Writing Competition, submission by 20th February, 2017.
- 1st National Seminar on Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System organised on 10th February 2018 in collaboration with City Group of Colleges, Lucknow.
- 2ndNational Symposium & Awards organised by Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal on Crime and Criminology on 23rdSeptember, 2018 in collaboration with Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj.
- 1st International Seminar on Criminal Law and Administration of Criminal Justice System: National & International Commitments organized on 9th& 10th March 2019 in collaboration with Babu Banarsi Das University, Lucknow.
- 3rd National Symposium & Awards 2019 organised by Iswar Saran Degree College on 11th& 12th October, 2018 in collaboration with Iswar Saran PG College, University of Allahabad, Prayagaraj.
- 2nd International Virtual Seminar on Criminal Law and Administration of Criminal Justice System in South Asian Countries organized on 14th& 15thMarch 2020 at Constitution Club of India, New Delhi.
- One Month Online Internship Organised by Mukherji Law Associates in Association with Droit Penale Group, Prayagraj 14th May – 15th June 2020
- National Webinar Series 2020 jointly Organised by S.S. Khanna Girls Degree College, Prayagraj and Droit Penale Group, Prayagraj 16th May -16th June 2020
- Fifteen-day Online Refresher Course for Research Scholars & Faculties Organised by Iswar Saran P.G College, Prayagaraj in collaboration with Droit Penale Group, Prayagraj 13th July – 28th July 2020
- Online Twelve Days Capacity Building Program for LL.M Students, Research Scholars & Faculties Organised by S.S. Khanna Girls Degree College, Prayagraj & Droit Penale Group, Prayagraj in-collaboration with District Legal Services Authority, Prayagraj 22nd August – 04th September 2020
- Abhyudaya 2020: Online Literary Events Organised by S.S. Khanna Girls Degree College, Prayagraj & Droit Penale Group, Prayagraj 12th -13th September 2020 .
Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj is organizing two-day National Symposium & Awards (Virtual) On “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” on the 09th and 10th of January 2021.
Eminent personalities from various spheres of legal profession will be attending the symposium to share their perspective and expertise on the issue to be discussed. Through this symposium, we aspire to generate interest, enhance and leverage the understanding of the students in the ongoing dialogue of “Law, Society and Changing Social Norms” & “Contemporary Legal Issues” and its intricate dynamics. The objective of the symposium is to provide a platform to students of various law schools and members of the allied disciplines to have qualified discussions on various themes revolving around the topic.
This symposium will provide an opportunity to bring together the curious and inquisitive students to the legal luminaries and professionals who are involved in the area of Law and Society. The symposium will be an educative event consisting of invited talks and panel discussions to galvanize the targeted aware citizens for the benefit.
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
We are looking forward for proposals in form of abstracts, by the Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalists, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars and Students, both from India and abroad. The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of author’s recommendations.
THEME & SUB-THEMES
Theme I: CRIMINAL LAW & CRIMINAL JUSTICE
- Crime & Criminal Justice System In India
- Rights of Accused
- Delay in trial
- Theory of punishment and its effectiveness in controlling heinous crimes
- Inmates rapes in jail
- Reformation of Criminal Justice System
- Moral Policing in India
- Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
- Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
- Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
- Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgements and technological advancements.
- Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
- Hostile Witness
THEME II: NEW EMERGING CRIMES AND RESPONSES OF LAW
- Cyber Crimes In India In Consonance With Laws Of Developed Countries
- Cyber Terrorism/ Hate Speech on Social Media & Its Conviction As Per Indian Criminal Law
- Technology crime related to online games
- White Collar Crimes
- Police Atrocities
- Honour Killing
- Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
- Organised Crimes
THEME III: MEDIA LAWS
- Issues Relating to Media Trial In India
- Role of BCCC
- Payed TRP Issues
- Freedom of Expression and Media
- Live Debates in Media Houses
THEME IV: PUBLIC POLICY AND ADMINISTRATION
- Statistical Foundations for Public Management and Policy
- Public Administration and Society
- Public Financial Management and Budgeting
- Policy and Program Evaluation
- Human Behavior in Public Organizations
- Professional Practice of Public Administration
- Urban Planning and Social Policy
- Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategic Planning in the Public Sector
- Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Human Resources Management in Public and Non-Profit Organizations
- Nonprofit Policy and Management
- Political and Legal Environment of Public Administration
- Economics for Policy, Planning, and Development
THEME V: LEGAL REFORMS IN COVID-19 ERA
- Labour law reforms
- Work from home
- THE DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT, 2005.
- Epidemic Disease Act 1897
- Healthcare right during pandemic
- Reasons for the Increase of cruelty in marriage during pandemic
- Elderly right for getting treatment during pandemic
- Cremation right of the dead body
Any other topic related to COVID-19 issues is open for submission.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Members and Researchers from the Academia, Bureaucracy, Policymakers, Journalists, representatives of Government Organizations, Civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from Law, Public Policy, and allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar. The contributions are accepted from India and all across the globe.
Co-Authorship up to a maximum of two authors is allowed. Single authors are also eligible.
How to Participate?
Authors have to submit the Google Form to register and submit their abstract
The abstract should not exceed 350 words. It shall also have minimum of three(3) keywords.
Full Paper: –
- The soft copy of the final research paper must be submitted in .doc/.docx format to with the subject “Research Paper Submission” at email@example.com
- A cover letter mentioning the Title of the paper and relevant sub-theme, Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the college/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email address and Contact Number. Apart from the cover letter, there should not be anywhere mention of any of the details of the author/s. The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with the name of the paper. (“Name of the author”, “Name of the research paper).
- Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society keeping with the mandate of publishing original material adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected and the authors have submitted the plagiarism report with the final submission, mandatorily.
- The WhatsApp group shall be formed and the participants will be shared all the details of the presentation and the link of the google meet.
Formatting Requirements: –
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation style: ILI
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 5500-6000words, (excluding the footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc).
- All the abstract submission is to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010. Full paper has to be submitted in word file.
There shall be NO registration fee.
- The presentation is restricted to 5 minutes + 2 minutes time questions and answer.
- The selected author(s) have to submit I-Card of the concerned university/ college or Aadhar Card with the final submission.
There shall be the TWO awards for the Best Presentations in each theme. The winners will be awarded with Trophies, Certificates and the cash prize of 5,000/-
- Late Shri. Arjun Das Gulati Best Presentation
- Late Shri. Gopal Dutt Bhatt Best Presentation
All the submission sent must be original and should not have been published or under consideration for publication in any other journal. Plagiarized entries are liable to rejection.
There must not be any copyright issues with the paper sent for the publication purposes, and if any such issues are later discovered, Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj is not responsible in any regard. The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subject to be rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the readers. Droit Penale Group: A Unit of Arjun Das Gulati Memorial Society, Prayagraj reserves the right to publish the shortlisted papers. The shortlisted authors have to sign the copyright agreement with the publisher. Selected paper will be published with the ISBN (International Standard Book Number). If selected, the cost of procuring of the books shall be paid, which shall be available at the discounted rates to the author.
TIMELINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
- Submission of Abstracts by: 20th December, 2020
- Submission of full papers by: 02nd January, 2021
- 4th National Symposium & Awards Date: 09th-10thJanuary 2021.
Mr. Gaurav Gulati
Advocate, High Court of Judicature at Allahabad, Prayagraj
Mr. Nitesh Bhatt
Banasthali Vidyapit, Jaipur
Dr. Dhananjay Chopra
Course Coordinator, Institute of Professional Studies,
Centre of Media Studies, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj
Ms. Pyali Chatterjee
MATS Law School, MATS University, Raipur
Ms. Kritika Singh
Founding Member, Doit Penale: ILJCC
Ms. Yogita Jain
Coordinator, Droit Penale: ILJCC
Mr. Naman Shukla
LL.M, G.P Jindal Global University, Sonipath
Mr. Somesh Saxena
Ms. Ayushi Dwivedi
Ms. Abhavya Rabra
Ms. Harmandeep Kaur
Ms. Muskan Tandon
Official Website: www.droitpenaleiljcc.in
Whatsapp: 9792600921 Office: 0532-3552008